Sunday 14 September 2008

Activities halted!

Well, yes I thought ice skating would be fun, havent skated for ages but didnt used to be too shabby, so the friday before last (5th) my two pals went to Philip Ice skating rink, where we slid around an empty rink for 2 hours, Petrina really good (ex olympic champion- well something like that!) Erica 'Bambi like' at first then not needing the hand rail at all.

All was going well until 2hours 5 minutes when I just slipped backwards, dont really know why, wasn't even really doing anything remotely interesting, however my left arm thought it would twist around underneath and try to catch me!

So broke my arm/wrist - Ouch!

A plate and a 7 screws later, it is fixed! now however is 6 weeks in plaster and trying to function with one arm, quite difficult to manage and obviously not being able to drive! No tennis, biking, golf, shopping, gym - Oh woe is me!

No comments: